Information about conference lodging in no longer necessary.
The Big Berks 2020 will take place on the Johns Hopkins Homewood Campus, 3400 N. Charles St. Baltimore, MD 21218, from May 28 to May 31. All conference attendees must organize their own lodging accommodation for the conference. A campus map can be viewed here. The main conference gatherings will take place in the area around Levering Hall on campus.
We have secured group rates at two nearby hotels. The Inn at the Colonnade Baltimore is located adjacent to campus. The Hotel Revival, located in the Mt. Vernon neighborhood of downtown Baltimore, is accessible to campus by bus. Additionally, we are providing dorm options. All hotel group rate and dorm housing must be secured by April 28, 2020 (one month prior to the conference). Our hotel group rates expire at that time, and dorm registration closes at that time.
Attendees are welcome to find alternative housing. However, if you do choose to stay in a hotel, we kindly request that it be a conference hotel, as the Berks is liable for the occupancy of a set number of rooms.
Inn at the Colonnade Baltimore – a DoubleTree by Hilton
This is the closest hotel to the JHU Homewood Campus, located right across the street from campus. The hotel has a restaurant that is open all day.
Address: 4 West University Parkway, Baltimore, MD, 21218
Inn at the Colonnade > website
Room Types: Single and double rooms available, all rooms with pullout sofa beds. If needed, please request ADA rooms at time of booking.
Conference Room Rates: $159.00 per night
Parking: Self: $20.00 per night | Valet: $35.00 per night
Reservations: Group rate code = BWH
- Call 410-235-5400 (hotel direct line)
- Call 800-222-8733 (Hilton central reservations)
- Inn at the Colonnade Baltimore Reservation website. Click “add special rate.” Enter group code “BWH”
Hotel Revival – Hyatt
Located in Mount Vernon, Hotel Revival, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, is next to popular attractions such as the Walters Art Museum and Baltimore’s Washington Monument. The hotel has a full-service restaurant and is near many other eateries. The hotel is close to the free JHU shuttle (Peabody stop), which will bring you to the Homewood Campus.
Address: 101 West Monument Street, Baltimore, MD, 21201
Hotel Revival website
Room Types and Conference Rates:
- Rooms with 1 king bed – $149.00
- Junior suite with 1 king bed – $169.00
- City view with king bed (ADA) – $149.00
- Standard room with king bed (ADA) – $149.00
- Junior suite with 2 double beds (ADA) – $179.00
- Premium view with king bed (ADA) – $189.00
- Premium junior suite with 1 king bed (ADA) – $195.00
- Premium junior suite with 2 double beds (ADA) – $209.00
Valet Parking: $28.00 per car per day
Reservations: Group rate code = G-LKML
- Local reservations by phone: 410-727-7101
- Central reservations by phone: 1-800-233-1234
- Hotel Revival Reservation web page
The JHU dorms are a really convenient, lost cost option. The dorms are a 5-10-minute walk from the center of campus, are dorm-key accessible, and staffed with security personnel. All dorms have bed linens and towels provided. Guests should bring their own personal toiletries and soap. Each dorm is equipped with separate air conditioning controls. Please remember that these rooms are college dorms and do not have the same facilities as a hotel. Breakfast will be offered in Nolan’s on 33rd, adjacent to the dorms. The cost of dorm rooms includes breakfast.
3339 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218 (building 72 on the campus map)
- Wolman Hall single rate: $66.20 (includes breakfast)
- Wolman Hall double rate: $50.20 (includes breakfast)
Read more about the Wolman Residence Hall (PDF)
3301 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218 (building 16 on the campus map)
- Charles Common single rate: $66.20 (includes breakfast)
- (No double room option in Charles Commons)
Read more about the Charles Commons Residence Hall (PDF)
JHU welcomes service and support animals on campus and in dorms. To register your service or support animal, please register with JHU Disability Services.
Campus parking is available. Please use this link for campus parking information. Please feel free to choose whichever parking lot makes sense for your needs, but Hopkins recommends the San Martin garage. There is also limited parking (about 30 spaces), in a garage at 9 East 33rd Street, which is across the street from Charles Commons.