Become a Member
The Berkshire Conference of Women Historians is a vital network of scholars that welcomes all women in the historical profession. We offer two kinds of events: our triennial conference (known as the “Big Berks”), and our smaller annual meetings (known as the “Little Berks”).
Members who attend the Little Berks view these smaller meetings as a crucial avenue for face-to-face networking and mentoring, as well as a precious space amid, what one member has called “a profession that is often unthinkingly hostile to meaningful forms of diversity.” The Berks offers its members both professional connections and access to a community of scholars united by a common mission in the field.
Berks members are also welcome to play an active role in the organization, take on leadership roles, gain valuable administrative experience and help to organize events that showcase the issues of women, gender, and sexuality that are so often left out of the mainstream historical narrative. Members are also entitled to discounted registration to the Big Berks.
Join us today!
Are you employed as a historian? Are you an independent or retired scholar? Do you want to be surrounded by colleagues who support and challenge you? Then this membership is for you. Your Berks membership permits you to:
- Receive an Invitation to the Annual Little Berks Weekend Retreat
- Join Committees
- Propose Initiatives
- Serve as an Officer
- Vote in Elections
- Qualify for Early Bird Registration to the Triennial Big Berks Conference
- Receive Discounted Registration for the Triennial Big Berks Conference
The fees for an Annual Membership are as follows:
- $100 if your income is above $100,000
- $75 if your income is between $75,000 – $100,000
- $50 if your income is between $50,000 – $75,000
- $25 if your income is between $25,000 – $50,000
- $10 if your income is below $25,000
The fees for a Three Year Membership are as follows:
- $280 if your income is above $100,000
- $210 if your income is between $75,000 – $100,000
- $140 if your income is between $50,000 – $75,000
- $70 if your income is between $25,000 – $50,000
- $25 if your income is below $25,000
To join the Berks or renew your membership, please fill out our secure online membership form.