The Berkshire Conference of Women Historians awards two annual book and article prizes in the following categories:
- An article in the fields of the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
- An article in any field of history other than the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
- A first book that deals substantially with the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
- A first book in any field of history that does not focus on the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
Eligibility is limited to books and articles published in the prior calendar year by a woman normally resident in North America.
The Berkshire Conference of Women Historians Book Prize
Books may be nominated by editors or by the author herself. Textbooks, juveniles, documentary collections, fiction, poetry, and collections of essays are not eligible for either prize.
- Questions: Contact Dr. Terri Snyder, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a Nomination: Nominations for 2017 book prizes will open in late August 2017.
Explore previous Book Prize Winners
Berkshire Conference of Women Historians Article Prize
Articles may be nominated by journal editors or by the author herself. Journals may nominate more than one article,but no more than three. Jointly published articles are acceptable, as are articles that have appeared in collections, but only if they were published for the first time in that year. They must not be reprints of articles published in previous years.
- Questions: Contact Dr. Jennifer Nelson, at email@example.com
- Submit a nomination: Click here to nominate an article. [Nominations for 2017 article prizes open on November 1, 2017.]
Explore previous Article Prize Winners