The Berkshire Conference of Women Historians awards two annual book and article prizes in the following categories:
- An article in the fields of the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
- An article in any field of history other than the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
- A first book that deals substantially with the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
- A first book in any field of history that does not focus on the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
Eligibility is limited to books and articles published in the prior calendar year by an individual who identifies as a woman and is normally resident in North America.
The Berkshire Conference of Women Historians Book Prize
Books may be nominated by editors or by the author herself. Textbooks, juveniles, documentary collections, fiction, poetry, and collections of essays are not eligible for either prize.
- Questions: Contact Dr. Amanda Herbert, at email@example.com
- Submit a Nomination: Click here to nominate a book. Nominations for 2017 book prizes are due by November 1, 2017.
Explore previous Book Prize Winners
Berkshire Conference of Women Historians Article Prize
Articles may be nominated by journal editors or by the author; journals may nominate as many as three articles. Jointly published articles are acceptable, as are articles that have appeared in collections, but only if they were published for the first time in 2017. They must not be reprints of articles published in previous years. Winners are notified in early summer and will be publicly acknowledged in an official announcement on the Berkshire Conference website and other public sites. Each winning author shall also receive a $500 award.
- Questions: Contact Dr. Jennifer Nelson, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a nomination: Click here to nominate an article. Nominations for the 2017 article prizes are due by January 15, 2018.
Explore previous Article Prize Winners