Berks-Affiliated Panels at the American Historian Association (AHA) Conference
Seattle, WA, January 7-10, 2021
Call for Complete Panel Proposals
The Berkshire Conference on the History of Women, Genders, and Sexualities, as an affiliate of the American Historical Association (AHA), will sponsor panels at the AHA’s 2021 Annual Meeting in Seattle in three categories:
- The Berks will co-sponsor panels that are submitted by the regular deadline and accepted by the AHA.
- The Berks will sponsor panels submitted by the regular deadline and not accepted by the AHA, but selected by the Berks affiliated AHA panel selection committee.
- The Berks will sponsor entirely new panels submitted by the March 31st deadline.
To apply for a Berks-affiliated slot on the AHA program, please follow the AHA guidelines for submission, and make sure that you indicate that you are requesting Berks co-sponsorship. Please submit proposals to the AHA by the February 15, 2020: https://www.historians.org/aha21
Please also send the complete application (in a single file) to Sarah Janda (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 31st, 2020. We will only consider complete panels that conform to the submission requirements of the AHA, listed below. Include your application materials in a single file, respecting word counts and providing all of the information requested. Please refer to the AHA’s FAQ on crafting a successful proposal for guidelines: https://www.historians.org/annual-meeting/proposals/proposal-submissions-faqs
- Session title (of no more than 20 words)
- Session abstract (up to 500 words)
- Short session abstract for the meeting app (up to 50 words)
- Paper or presentation titles (if any)
- Abstract or description for each presentation (up to 300 words). Descriptions should be included for both roundtables and formal sessions.
- Short abstract or description for each presentation for the meeting app (up to 50 words)
- Biographical paragraph or CV summary (up to 250 words) for each participant
- Correct e-mail address for each participant
- Affiliation, city, state, and country for each participant
- Chair (required) and commentator (optional) for the session
- Audiovisual needs, if any
- Professional Twitter handle for each participant (optional)
- Website for each participant (optional)
- Please note that the Program Committee cannot accept single paper proposals.
- To assure substantial time for interaction between speakers and audience, panels are typically limited to a maximum of four participants in addition to a chair.
Call for committee member
The Berkshire Conference on the History of Women, Genders, and Sexualities is seeking an additional member to serve on the Berks affiliated AHA panel selection committee. Responsibilities include reviewing submissions along with other committee members, and selecting Berks sponsored sessions for the 2021 AHA. Committee members must be current members of the Berks. Please contact Sarah Janda at email@example.com if you are interested in serving on the committee.